Whip Variations, Folds Highlight March 22nd Lessons From Villar
After a resoundingly successful Chicago teaching debut in January, followed by another well-received series of lessons in February, Jon Villar returns to West Coast Wednesdays (WCW) to on March 22nd to teach the evening’s lessons.
Jon is an accomplished instructor, combining his Ballroom background with his West Coast Swing (WCS) passion to climb to advanced status on the WCS competitive circuit.
Jon’s lessons for the evening will cover:
- For the novice class – West Coast Swing 101 – This week, Jon will focus the novice lesson on left side passes, underarm turns, and sugar pushes, encouraging the strong foundation that makes WCS the dance it is.
- For the intermediate class – Of Whip Variations and Folds – Multiple approaches to whips and folds will highlight the intermediate(and above) level lesson.
“I’m passionate to share my love of this dance with the Chicago dance community,” Jon says. “My lessons will keep you growing in your WCS journey, whether your joy is in social dancing, competition, or both.”
Learn more about Jon. Then, make plans to join us this week with Jon teaching the lessons, great music spun by house DJ April Prince, and lots of dancing with your friends in the WCS community.
The cost for the night:
- $6 cover charge (for entry to WCW/Downers Sand Club Sports Bar & Grill and open dancing from 8:30 – 11:30 p.m.)
- $5 for the novice West Coast Swing lesson (7:00 – 7:45 p.m.)
- $5 for the intermediate West Coast Swing lesson (7:45 – 8:30 p.m.)
Email us if you have any questions.