The maverick of movement. The stud of social dancing. The man who coined the phrase “Mumfurious” and started a movement to help dancer’s mobility. Champion-level dancer and instructor Jeff Mumford is all of that and more, and he teaches this week—March 21st—at West Coast Wednesdays.
The longtime Chicago mainstay heads up the evening, having just completed teachings stints in Florida and Wisconsin, and brings along some new concepts and ideas to share with his Chicago-based dance family.
“Look out Chicago. I’m back with some new tools and dance techniques and eager to share with my own little spin on things to give it that extra bit of ‘Mumfurious-ness’,” Jeff says. “Connect with West Coast Swing at all levels with me as I take all levels of dancers, and have everyone movin’ and groovin’ all evening long.”
Jeff’s lessons this week will cover:
- For the novice class – From Non-Dancer to Dancer!
- For the intermediate class – Scroll It and Roll It!
Learn more about Jeff. Then, make plans to join us this week with Jeff teaching the lessons, great music spun by house DJ April Prince, and lots of dancing with your friends in the WCS community.
The cost for the night:
- $6 cover charge (for entry to WCW/Downers Sand Club Sports Bar & Grill and open dancing from 8:30 – 11:30 p.m.)
- $5 for the novice West Coast Swing lesson (7:00 – 7:45 p.m.)
- $5 for the intermediate West Coast Swing lesson (7:45 – 8:30 p.m.)
Email us if you have any questions.