Explore Open Position Whips with Ramsey on March 11th
All-star West Coast Swing (WCS) dancer and instructor Harrison Ramsey returns to West Coast Wednesdays (WCW) to teach on March 11th.
As we ramp up to the Chicago Classic next weekend (March 19th-22nd), Harrison plans to unlock some of the secrets to open position whips in WCS. “We don’t explore open whip positions often in WCS,” he says. “I’m going to change that this week, as I give dancers a breakdown of the many options you have (using open whips).”
Harrison’s lessons for the evening will cover:
- For the 7:00 novice/beginner-level lesson – West Coast Swing Basics – West Coast Swing start with a foundation. Get that foundation in this class.
- For the 7:45 intermediate-level lesson – Open Your Whip, Open Your Mind – Discover the potential of this whip variation.
Learn more about Harrison. Then, make plans to join us this week with Harrison teaching the lessons, great music spun by Hall-of-Fame DJ April Prince, and lots of dancing with your friends in the West Coast Swing community.
The cost for the night:
- $7 cover charge (for entry to WCW/Downers Sand Club Sports Bar & Grill and open dancing from 8:30 – 11:30 p.m.)
- $5 for the novice West Coast Swing lesson (7:00 – 7:45 p.m.)
- $5 for the intermediate West Coast Swing lesson (7:45 – 8:30 p.m.)
Email us if you have any questions.