Mumfurious Movement, Pro-Am Debut Highlight Final WCW Dance in April
While the title of “Hardest Working Man in Show Business” is held (and probably always will be) by the legendary James Brown, the title could be modified to “Hardest Working Man in West Coast Swing (WCS)” and applied to Chicago’s Jeff Mumford.
Having just completed a stint in the Ukraine teaching WCS last week, and doing a TedX talk at Rush University (called “Building Your Own Super Hero Squad”) this past weekend, the Mumfurious One returns to West Coast Wednesdays to get dancers even more prepared for the upcoming Swing Dance America (SDA) weekend.
“Electrified. That’s what I am regarding coming back to Chicago to continue to teach all level of dancers on the joys and nuances of WCS,” Jeff says. “I encourage everyone to come with me to continue your personal WCS journey. Whether you’ve been dancing for a few weeks (or moths), or have a few years under your belt, I’ll be sharing knowledge that will expand your dance.”
“Let’s do this.”
For the evening, in his lessons, Jeff will cover:
- For the novice class – The ABC’s of West Coast Swing – Learn the foundation for WCS or brush up on your basics.
- For the intermediate class – Real Talk – Vol. 1 – Less is more!
While Mumford spearheads the evening with sensational lessons, the evening will also include the debut of Sammy Powers and Jean Neumann’s Pro-Am routine. Let’s cheer on our fellow WCS’ers and Chicagoans as they give us a first look at the routine they’ll be showcasing at SDA this weekend.
Learn more about Jon. Then, make plans to join us this week with Jon teaching the lessons, great music spun by guest DJ Ken Dillard, and lots of dancing with your friends in the WCS community.
The cost for the night:
- $6 cover charge (for entry to WCW/Downers Sand Club Sports Bar & Grill and open dancing from 8:30 – 11:30 p.m.)
- $5 for the novice West Coast Swing lesson (7:00 – 7:45 p.m.)
- $5 for the intermediate West Coast Swing lesson (7:45 – 8:30 p.m.)
Email us if you have any questions.